Data Engineer Team Lead
STACC is the leading data science company in Estonia that develops machine learning models, artificial intelligence, and data analytics solutions.
As a Data Engineer Team Lead, you will oversee a small group of engineers, which is responsible for STACC´s day-to-day smooth data flow and support of the data scientists team. You will be responsible for the team’s good health, productivity, the development of people’s skills, and the quality of the work as an output.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Build and maintain software development, quality assurance, and data protection processes
- Create technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Develop team skills, including development interviews and training plan
- Create a teamwork culture
- Plan and manage daily work
Day to day activities:
- Build and maintain RESTful APIs around our ML models
- Build data pipelines and microservices (Docker)
- Build and scale services in a cloud environment
- Orchestrate ML workflows (Apache Airflow) and automate services deployment
- Evaluate and optimize the performance of infrastructure and applications
- Create and manage databases
To succeed as a Data Engineer you need to have hands-on experience:
- In designing, deploying, and monitoring production environments
- In building and optimizing data pipelines
- In automating and integrating new solutions with existing infrastructure (e.g. Ansible)
- With cloud platforms (preferably AWS)
- With open-source web servers (e.g. Nginx or Apache) and databases (e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, Mysql)
- With the Linux environment
- With one or more job scheduler systems, such as Airflow or Luigi
- With one or more mainstream programming languages, such as Python, C, C++, Java, Go, etc
- A business-oriented, analytical, and problem-solving mindset
- Master`s degree and a minimum of 4 years of related experience
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- A work environment that fosters self-development and a chance to participate in training courses within your area of work
- Frequent all-inclusive team events and sports compensation
- Motivating performance-related pay
The data science company STACC knows how to profit from data. For over 10 years, our engineers and analysts have helped our clients to identify dozens of data-driven opportunities for maximizing their outcomes. STACC has also made a significant contribution to the development of the artificial intelligence field in Estonia. By skilfully using machine learning and data from different business sectors we are mainly dealing with:
- Data Analytics for Software and Systems Optimization: we develop and apply data analytics methods to identify optimization opportunities in large-scale software-intensive systems;
- Spatio-Temporal Data Analytics: data analytics of Spatio-temporal data collected through GIS, LBS, GPS devices, web traffic information;
- Big Data and Security;
- E-Health and Personalized Medicine: big data analytics across a vast body of digital healthcare information.
STACC`s team consists of 40 data enthusiasts who work in small development teams to switch between the challenges and exciting projects! We prefer to solve problems that really make difference for our clients and are fun for us as well. Our office is located in Tartu, right at the new heart of entrepreneurship and science – University of Tartu`s Delta Centre.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter or a 1-minute video where you talk about why would you be a perfect match for STACC to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th of April 2021 at the latest.
Location: Tartu, Estonia
More information: Karis Meister, email@example.com